Cheats or a console?

Talk about Corven
ShadowTiger

Cheats or a console?

Post by ShadowTiger »

Hello! Quick inquiry, please. Will there be any sort of either:

1) Cheat codes?
2) Console to give players useful or interesting commands?
3) An ability to change aspects of the game via mods, or actual modding tools?

I know that different people enjoy playing the game in different ways, and giving players the tools to achieve those goals is an absolutely lovely thing, and really endears the player-base to the developers.

Like, me, I don't care a jot about achievements, but I do like to not be removed from the story by dying. I like to run really fast down roads to go from place to place to explore the story really quickly. It prevents me from getting bored while just walking down the road from place to place. Hey, to each their own, right? :P
"Avatar! Know that I am most muppet-like!"

Corv
Site Admin

Re: Cheats or a console?

Post by Corv »

There might be cheat codes.
However there will definitely not be official modding support. This would be way too much additional work for our small team. We want to concentrate on creating an amazing game with our limited resources :)

This does not mean that Corven can't be modded otherwise. We have no problem with people doing that. It just means there won't be any sort of "Corven editor ".

ShadowTiger

Post by ShadowTiger »

Thank you for the response! ^_^

By "there might be cheat codes," what led people to that response, out of curiosity? Are people not sure? Is it still in the act of being decided on?

If there are, would it be an interesting thing to have the community decide on what those cheat codes should be? Easter eggs from the community are always fun.
"Avatar! Know that I am most muppet-like!"

Farrier

Post by Farrier »

Cheat codes are generally mostly "stuff that the devs found useful for debugging", left in as something cool for players to find.

And in a single-dev game with such indie-level funding, we probably can't rely on Corv himself being able to spend a whole lot of dev time implementing player suggestions, especially if they require the creation of additional assets as well as code.

But!!! :D At least for now, he's given us the green light to hackishly mod it! So I say, make the suggestions anyway! Could be that even if Corv can't implement something, somebody can mod it in!